Dim Sum Brunch at Maypop
Sister to Gulotta’s acclaimed MOPHO, Maypop located in downtown’s South Market District, is known for its unique menu of elevated, Southern-influenced Southeast Asian cuisine. Now diners can enjoy Maypop’s stylish, sublime and satisfying fare at a one-of-a-kind Dim Sum Brunch every Saturday and Sunday from 11AM – 3PM.
Food & Wine 2016 “Best New Chef” Michael Gulotta and Chef de Cuisine Nick Stackeni have created an array of non-traditional dim sum offerings ($6-$12), showcasing different styles, ingredients and flavor profiles. Pork and cane syrup sausage stuffed sesame balls are a savory play on the traditional Vietnamese dessert bánh rán. Traditionalists will enjoy turnip cakes, pan-fried and served with housemade XO sauce made with dried Louisiana Gulf Shrimp. Other options include bacon scallion pancakes made with a small amount of grits for extra texture and served with a spicy cucumber kimchi and oyster salad; salt and pepper shrimp with roasted chiles; and Octopus shumai – housemade octopus sausage stuffed dumplings topped with chili oil and spicy mustard.
Diners can accompany brunch with one of the boozy Eye Openers ($8-$12) including a fresh fruit cava cocktail (raspberry or passionfruit); Maypop milk punch; the spicy curry and clove flavor of the vindaloo bloody mary; and the espresso sua da with hoodoo chickory liqueur – a powerful pick-me-up and Maypop’s twist on a Vietnamese iced coffee.
611 O'Keefe Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70113
Other Dates & Times
- Sunday, June 23, 2019, 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Sunday, June 30, 2019, 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Saturday, June 29, 2019, 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Saturday, June 22, 2019, 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Saturday, July 6, 2019, 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Sunday, July 7, 2019, 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
More Event Ideas
- More Food and Drink Events
- Saturday, Jul 6, 9:00 AM
- Thursday, Jul 4, 3:00 PM
- Saturday, Sep 28, 4:00 PM
- More Events on June 16, 2019
- Sunday, Jun 16, 7:01 PM
- Sunday, Jun 16, 10:00 AM
- FREE 4 PROFESSIONALS! 5 Steps to freedom from Anxiety, Stress, Sadness and Depression at New Orleans, Louisiana, United StatesSunday, Jun 16, 7:00 PM